Careers at PolicyGenius
PolicyGenius offers various insurance plans with a customer friendly online platform.
PolicyGenius operates five business segments:
- Life Insurance: Provides protection from the loss of life by paying the recipient a specific amount of money to cover expenses.
- Health Insurance: Covers expenses related to various medical visits and prescription medications. Amount covered depends on type of operation, and insurance plan.
- Pet Insurance: Provides protection from veterinary expenses, including visit and pet medications.
- Renters Insurance: Protects clients from the loss of property, damage done to property, and injuries sustained on property.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: Offers monetary protection from medical bills, and the loss of income from illness.
In 2014 two former McKinsey consultants, Jennifer Fitzgerald and Francois de Lame, took the ambitious step of creating PolicyGenius. Noticing the lack of modernization in the insurance industry, and customers in need of a method to find the correct plans they created the website. Using the internet as a resource to reach out to customers was a problem many insurers faced at the time. PolicyGenius brought forth vast access to various types of insurance plans, using a customer friendly online platform to make choosing the right plan easier.
Growing fast from the start, based on a report from company CEO Jennifer Fitzgerald, by the end of 2015 the site had reached an astounding 800,000 users. Funded by generous supporters, the seed round of funding generated $750,000 for the company. A year later the company brought in an extra $5.3 million in funding during the Series A funding round. Finishing with a total accumulated amount of just over $6 million by the end of 2015. In 2016 the company obtained an additional $15 million in funding during the Series B round. PolicyGenius is now in the position to reshape a $2 trillion-dollar industry.
Benefits at PolicyGenius
Jobs at PolicyGenius
654.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!